AfriMission Renaissance is an international and a non-denominational Christian organisation operating on missions and fostering a revival among Christians.
It is an indigenous mission initiative of Word Eternity Ministries International (Ministere International De La Parole Eternelle) ; a registered non-profit and public benefit organisation based in Roodepoort, Gauteng Province, South Africa.
The organisation in collaboration with local Churches, Independent Ministries and other Christian organisations and associations engages in mobilising, training and sending men and women into the Harvest Fields of the least-reached and un-engaged people groups in rural and urban areas in Africa. Its main focus is to evangelise, disciple and equip Christians for the work of ministry.
Presently, there are about 7.2 billion people in the world; 1.153 billion are in Africa with an estimated increase to 1.9 billion by 2050. There are 3000 people groups in Africa and over 900 are least-reached. This raises a very emphatic question to all and a serious challenge to Christians in particular. A century represents a period of ten decades (100 years, 1,200 months or 36,525 days as the case may be).
According to the average life span of man on earth, it would not be wrong to conclude that by the next 36,525 days, none of these people will remain on earth. 85 people die every minute without Christ. When a second ticks away, many get closer to their graves: nay, closer to hell rather than their graves.
Our question is this: How many out of this 7.2 billion people on earth will leave here for heaven?
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. Matthew 28:19-20, NKJV.
The AfriMission Renaissance vision is to raise and send into the mission fields, an army of fervent missionaries for power evangelism, Church planting and discipleship, validated by New Life and character transformation.
• We are committed to raising a generation of concerned men and women who are bothered and burdened about moral decadence in the society, apathy towards God and sincerely desire a change for better.
• We are committed to raising an army of Christians that will not compromise their faith, whose main priorities are absolute Consecration, Spirit filled life and Christian Integrity.
• We are committed to motivating men and women to deeply hunger and passionately thirst after God, His power and the Word.
• We are committed to rousing and restoring the consciousness of God in our services with decency and sincerity.
• We are committed to imparting men and women with eternal values and kingdom virtues.
• We are committed to seriously and zealously engaging in gospel campaigns and missions for the end time harvest of souls.
• We are committed to encouraging and promoting co-operation and unity among churches and ministers of the gospel.
• We are committed to mobilising, training and sending missionaries to the least-people groups in rural and urban areas.
• We are committed to networking missionaries, mission agencies, denominational Churches and Independent ministries and ministers willing to support and work in Africa.
• Planting indigenous, autonomous and healthy local churches that send their own people out to reach others.
• Establishing a standard school of mission and ministry.
• Publication and distribution of Christian literature, books, tracts and other Christian materials.
• Using electronic media for the propagation of the gospel.
• Organising productive and impacting meetings such as seminars, conventions, retreats, camp meetings, conferences and campaigns.
• Establishing a standard Christian library, resource and research centre.
• Establishing an international prayer network.
• Establishing a standard discipleship programme.
• Establishing Agri-evangelism groups in rural areas.
• Alleviating poverty through skills development.
• Educating and creating awareness of Tropical diseases, HIV/AIDS, Gender violence, Sexual and substance abuse.
We believe in one God eternally in three persons: Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
We believe in the Deity of Christ.
We believe in the personality of the Holy Spirit.
We believe in the immortality of the Soul.
We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ.
We believe in the baptism by immersion.
We believe in the baptism and the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
We believe that the Bible is an infallible Holy Word of God.
We believe in the existence of Heaven and Hell as literal places.
We believe in the resurrection of Christ bodily, the resurrection of the dead, and the coming of Jesus Christ.
We believe that salvation is by Grace through Faith and not by Works.
One night in 1993, in a vision, the servant of God, Edward Ikeomu, saw himself entering a single storey building, not yet completed. As he was entering, a voice said to him, “This is the person”. He looked and saw a table covered with a dazzling white piece of cloth and across from edge to edge with a yellow piece of cloth. Behind the table was an old man with white beards standing, full of glory.
In the room were two young men who were kneeling down, facing the wall and backing the old man with their hands stretched out backwards. That same voice commanded him to go and kneel with them and he obeyed. The young man kneeling at his right side asked the old man behind the table if he was the God of Abraham, to which the old man replied “Yes”.
Afterwards, He turned and said to Edward, “I will use you as I used my servant Joshua”.
In 1995, while he and a friend were contemplating deeply about their Bible College Practical Training, his mouth mysteriously, as if someone was speaking through him uttered, “My son, I am going to Cameroon with you”. That same year, he left for Cameroon for his Bible School Practical Training in Yaoundé- Cameroon.
However, on the 18th June 1999, after much prayer and deep thought, God clearly impressed on his heart that He was going to send him to the nations of Africa for the preaching of the gospel.
On Thursday, 22nd July 1999, this encounter was divinely confirmed with Deuteronomy 7:1, which says, “When the Lord thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee ………. nations greater and mightier than thou”. It was like scales falling from his eyes.
Furthermore on Wednesday, 17th September 2003, at about 4:am in the morning, God revealed to Him in a striking vision about the judgment about to be unleashed on the earth. The vision, that same morning was divinely confirmed with the last phrase of Hebrews 6:2 which says, “And of Eternal Judgment.” This vision became the inspiration behind the name of the ministry; and has motivated Edward to preach and teach the love of Jesus Christ; warning people about the impending danger of denying the love of God seen in His son, Jesus Christ.
Moreover on Friday, 5th March 2004, Edward left with his family for Cameroon and in February 2005, he founded Word Eternity Ministries International in Bamenda, the capital city of North West Region of Cameroon. He planted Churches in Bamenda and served as a pioneer missionary for 5 years before moving to Johannesburg, South Africa. Edward arrived in Johannesburg on the 29th of December, 2009 and in 2010, he pioneered another church planting.
In September 2015, AfriMission Renaissance was founded by him with a purpose of reawakening interest for missions in Africa. The organisation is actively planting indigenous, autonomous and healthy local churches that send their own people out to reach others.
The ministry also supports indigenous missionaries, pastors and evangelists in spreading the gospel through Church planting, discipleship, leadership conference, literature distribution and gospel campaign in the nations of Africa.