| Cameroon is one of very few examples of where a French colony and a British colony decided to merge together to create a single state. From the start of the modern state of Cameroon it has struggled with a one-party rule system as many African countries did after independence. In 1992 Mr Biya (then President) allowed multi-party presidential election to take place, which he then won and went on to win the following 3, after lifting the limitation on presidential terms in 2011.
Central Africa, bordering the Bight of Biafra, between Equatorial Guinea and Nigeria
20 549 221
Sent 440 Received 3 500 (year: 2010)
LEAST REACHED PEOPLE GROUPS
- For God to help the government to amicably settle the problems in North and South West Regions of Cameroon.
- For God to bring an end to widely held tribal spiritist traditions among Christians in Cameroon.
- For a moral government system that will provide clean water, food, and health needs of the people.
- For a gentle transfer of spiritual leadership from Western organizations to national believers.
- For effective Christian discipling in churches and by youth and children’s agencies.
- For the leadership of the churches, that pastors will have integrity and teach in ways that honour God.